*** For sale by Tender, Closing Tuesday 31st October @12pm ***
Situated on one of North Adelaide's prominent tree-lined avenues, this stunning home and grounds has a family history stretching back to the early 1900s. The superb botanic-like gardens weave through the property creating a wonderful back-drop for views through the home's big picture windows.
It is thought that a previous owner employed a well-known Adelaide architect who stamped his mark on this gorgeous villa, adding his version of the popular Anglo-Indian architectural style which was uniquely fashionable during the Victorian and Federation periods.
The home comprises 4 sprawling bedrooms and the original ballroom has been converted into a study/5th bedroom. The original character features of the formal living and dining rooms have been preserved, while the enormous windows of the rear open plan family, dine and kitchen, drench this area with glorious northern light.
A list of features includes:
* Wide traditional central hall leading to the main bedroom with fireplace, French doors to the front verandah, walk-in robe and ensuite bathroom
* Formal sitting and separate formal dining rooms are connected by wide double doors and include original open fireplaces, exposed beams and large windows
* Three additional bedrooms, all more than 21sqm, with the rear bedroom taking in northern light with versatility as a 3rd living space. A large study or 5th bedroom opens to the side courtyard with Jarrah floors
* Beautiful family bathroom with terracotta tiles, spa bath, shower and timber vanity and a third bathroom servicing the rear bedroom
* Original maid's quarters are now a huge laundry/utility room with ample storage and access to the rear garden making it perfect for use during tennis-court parties
* Enormous family room, dine and kitchen with terracotta floors and wood combustion heater, bathed in northern light from the floor-ceiling wall of picture windows overlooking the rear garden, stables and court
* Wonderful country kitchen with Lodge Pole pine kitchen cabinetry, Miele dishwasher, 2 x Miele stainless steel ovens, integrated gas, grill and deep-fry cooktop plus island bench and handy appliance cupboard
* Conservatory style glass ceiling dining area with outside automated awning
* Two sets of French doors lead to the patio, pergola and gardens which include Lemon, Lime, Orange, Grape, Apple, Pomegranate, Mandarin and Fig trees
* North-South flood-lit synthetic tennis court
* Converted stables with spotted gum floored games room downstairs opening via bi-fold doors to the in-ground pool. Kitchenette and modern bathroom were completed recently. Upstairs is a large studio/office with balcony and views
* Copious amounts of storage throughout the property
* Fully irrigated watering system from the 100,000L underground water tank plus 2 x 22,000L water tanks
* Reverse cycle ducted air in the house and split system in the stables and 4th bedroom
* Security system
* Automated front driveway gates, carport plus ample off-street parking
* 4.95KW solar panels
* Gas plumbed to stable and outside of house
* Land irregular but 31.88m wide